The Ministry is headed by County Executive Committee Member, Hon. Tabitha Mbungu and Chief Officer Samuel Mwarania Gaichura.
To be a leader in promoting competitive trade, consumer protection and vibrant self – sustaining co-operative movement in Tharaka Nithi County by 2030.
To provide policy and legal framework to accelerate the growth of viable trade, industry and cooperative sector for sustainable socio-economic development of the county.
* To facilitate and promote an enabling environment for orderly development and growth of trade in conjunction with relevant stakeholders
* To catalyze competitiveness of business through provision of trade information and financial assistance to MSMEs
* To maintain accurate standards for weights & measure for use in checking the accuracy of all weighing and measuring equipment in use for trade
* Inspection of all trading premises and markets at least once a year
* To enhance corporate governance and improve leadership and management within the cooperative movement
* To regulate and monitor compliance with provisions of the co-operative societies Act and subsidiary legislation
To promote export business and domesticating bilateral, regional and international trade in collaboration with Export Promotion Council and Ministry of Foreign affairs.