The Ministry is headed by County Executive Committee Member and Deputy Governor, Hon. Eliud Murithi Mati and Chief Officer Humprey Gitonga Kinyua. The ministry is in-charge of all the Urban Centers in the County and all other small markets. There are three urban centres:
The sub-counties and wards also fall under this ministry.
• Handle all issues and aspects of Public Service
• Implementation of national policies relating to the management of public service;
• Implementation of performance systems and development services;
• Management of public service pension scheme;
• Responsible for Human resource Management and development;
• Responsible for support services including management of clerical staff and their deployment among others
• Interpretation and Implementation of the Physical Planning Act (Cap 286), and any other law(s) that may be enacted to guide the physical planning functions.
• Provision of advice to the national and county government on spatial planning matters.
• Preparation and approval of local spatial developments which include
Integrated cities/urban development plans
Towns/local centres development plans
• Special areas plans
• Subject/ thematic plans
• Vetting and verification of building plans, regulation of the use of land, execution of development control and preservation orders.
• Provision of advice on matters concerning land alienation to the National Land Commission and County governments and appropriate use of land such as change of user, extension of user, extension of lease, subdivision of land, amalgamation of land, and processing of environmental impact assessment
• Initiating and undertaking research on urbanization strategies and policies
Monitoring , reporting and tracking
Empty tab. Edit page to add content here.
• Coordinate the management of water related disaster, manage early warning systems, ensure preparedness and support recovery for drought and flood disaster in collaboration with Disaster Management Division of Ministry of Tourism, Environment, Water and Natural Resources among others;
• Formulate county specific based disaster management strategies and
Implement disaster management programmes among others.